how to display project tasks in gantt chart

Lee Blake
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 13, 2015

Hi,

We have just purchased confluence and we need to create the tasks for each developer and display them in a gantt chart, but I have no idea how to do this.

Can someone please help me with this?

Thanks,

Lee

5 answers

6 votes
Daniel Eads _unmonitored account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 13, 2015

Hi Lee,

Check out the documentation for the Chart macro for more details: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Chart+Macro#ChartMacro-GanttChart

Here's a quick-start:

1. Start typing { and then the macro name you want to use in the editor. It will auto-complete the macro name for you.
    image2015-7-13 8:47:28.png
  2. Once the Macro is placed on it, click to select it and the click Edit.
    image2015-7-13 8:49:37.png
  3. On the left pane, flip the Type to Gantt.
    image2015-7-13 8:50:27.png
  4. The Columns and Date Format fields also need to be set. I used the example in the link above to create a chart.
    image2015-7-13 8:57:49.png
  5. Hit Save on the macro editor and then add the values as tables inside the macro on the main editor. Here you can see the values I used from the demo, along with the macro options along the top:
    image2015-7-13 9:1:31.png
  6. Should be all set! Here's the final Gantt chart on my saved page:
    image2015-7-13 9:2:18.png

Phew! That was a lot more involved than it should be. If you also have JIRA, you could take a look at this Gantt Chart plugin (for JIRA): https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/de.polscheit.jira.plugins.gantt or better yet, JIRA Portfolio: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.radiantminds.roadmaps-jira

1 vote
Daniel Eads _unmonitored account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2015

You can either copy/paste from the example (this is what I did) or create a new table in the editor. The Table insert lets you choose how many rows/columns to start with:

image2015-7-14 7:39:3.png

1 vote
Lee Blake
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 13, 2015

Thanks Daniel,

Do I have to use JIRA for the task list or can I just use Confluence?

I am unsure how to get the grids that are displayed inside the chart design. I am assuming these are key to displaying the bars in the gantt chart.

Thanks,

Lee

0 votes
Takafumi Ohtake -Ricksoft-
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 1, 2022

Hi everyone!

I wrote an article about Gantt chart in Confluence Cloud.

Please see Plan Projects and Roadmaps with Gantt Charts in Confluence Cloud.
It might be helpful even though you use Confluence Server/DC.

0 votes
Reg Hawkins October 18, 2017

@Daniel Eads _unmonitored account_ Can I use a JIRA issue filter rather than the table to add the data into the chart

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events