Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do you sort task report by assignee

Sukh October 24, 2019

Hi,

The answer isn't as simple as it sounds, so please don't come back with click on the sort button by Assignee. 

The task report is a macro written in xhtml code and generates an id for every user depending on the issue that assignee is connected to. So the template is difficult to modify just by Assignee name.

Is there a way or are Atlassian working on a way to fix this issue?

Thanks

Si

3 answers

2 votes
Stijn Beeckmans February 26, 2020

@Diego : The sort on the task report just doesn't work. When I click on the little arrow next to the "assignee" column header, the list flashes (so something is happening I guess), but the list isn't sorted based on assignee name.

So another feature that isn't working (anymore).

0 votes
Fi Gordon August 1, 2023

@Diego  This is still an issue.   Below you can see the redacted task report from our confluence site, showing it's not sorting by assignee.  Any chance you can fix the field so it sorts  by name and not an ID for assignee?
assignee sort failure.png

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 25, 2019

Hey, @Sukh ! Great to have you here in our community.

I understand that you need to order the list of tasks in the Task Report macro. I tried selecting the Sort by option and then selected assignee and the value to be ordered. It worked in all my browsers (Chrome, Firefox, and Edge).

TaskReportList.png

I would like to understand your situation a little better! I have a few questions to help me with that. Would it be possible for you to answer them? Here they are:

1. Is there any kind of error when you try to order by assignee?
  2. What happens when you select the Order by assignee?
  3. What kind of modification do you need to apply?
  4. What template do you need to modify?
  5. How exactly do you need to order the task report macro?

I also do not quite grasp what issue are you mentioning when you say “Is there a way or are Atlassian working on a way to fix this issue?”.  Could you tell us more about the hardship that you are currently facing?

Let us hear from you! Looking forward to your reply.

Sukh October 28, 2019

Hi @Diego

The issue we have got is, the assignee name is some kind of key. For example James on the jpg is 557058:b375bb06

issue1.PNG

So no matter whether you sort it in the editor or the form asc/desc it just doesn't sort it normally.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Thanks

Sukh

Karlheinz Gerster August 18, 2020

Hello Diego,

I have the exact same problem (as my colleagues) - it just does not sort by assignee. Not by clicking the buttons near assignee on a published page nor by using the "sort by" "assignee" in the macro options in edit-mode. That rather sucks.

To your questions:

1.) no - it refreshes, but doesn't change the outcome

2.) same - nothing.

3.) sort by names of the team members

4.) task list macro / Aufgabenlilste (german version)

5.) best would be by name and then by priority

Thanks in advance

Like Amber Skidmore likes this
Amber Skidmore April 20, 2021

I also have this issue.

Neither configuring the Task Report to "Sort By = Assignee" or just try clicking on the "Assignee" header in the displayed report works. The list will not sort by the assignee owner.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events