how can i move personal space from one acct to another?

Goddard_ Stephen
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 20, 2024

My company was recently acquired and now my email changed and I've created a new account with my new email.  I'd like to migrate my content under my old email address to my new account with my new email address.

I was able to backup my old personal account and its now in a zip file on my desktop and still in confluence for now.  

I still have access to the old account and email for the time being.

I would like to import my personal files from the backup to my new account, but it doesn't seem to let me do that, I don't want to proceed with the "restore" without being able to point it to my new personal account.

Any suggestions?  Is there something I can edit in the zip file, or a different restore option that I'm missing?

1 answer

1 vote
Shawn Doyle - ReleaseTEAM
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2024

If you can log into your old account, you can move the pages in the space to your new personal space.  You'll have to open permissions on your new space, at least temporarily so your old account can write to it.

Goddard_ Stephen
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 20, 2024

Shawn, thanks for the reply.  I do still have access to the old account.  I'll login and give that a try.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events