Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can I find pages with the same name in two different spaces?

Mick Davidson September 1, 2012

We're moving the entire content of several spaces into another sapce.

When I do this, I keep getting errors to do wth duplicate pages names. However, unhelpfully Confluence doesn't say which names are duplicated. This means the only way to find out what the duplicates are, is to do it manually.

Which is a ridiculously time consuming thing to do, especially when each space that's being moved has 100s of pages.

Does anyone know how I can do find out what these duplicates are?

Cheers.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
SarahA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2012

Hallo Mick

I've written a couple of Python scripts to do this.

• pagelister.py – Accesses Confluence via the remote API, and lists all the pages in a given set of Confluence spaces. It puts the page names and space keys into a text file in the format required by the pageduptest script.
  • pageduptest.py – Checks a text file for duplicate page names, and spits out the offending page names and space keys.

Details here:

http://ffeathers.wordpress.com/2012/07/28/how-to-find-duplicate-page-names-across-confluence-spaces/

Cheers, Sarah

Mick Davidson September 2, 2012

Sarah,

thanks for the info, I've passed it on to our man who can. :)

Jaskirat Baweja June 18, 2013

Very useful indeed.

1 vote
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2012

I don't know how to do it easily, but you could use getPageList from Confluence Command Line Interface on both spaces to at least visually see differences and duplicates in the 2 lists. You will need the latest snapshot to get the result ordered by page title.

Mick Davidson September 2, 2012

Bob,

thanks for the idea, but that would mean visually comparing the content of three different spaces, which I'm certainly not going to do. :)

Apparently the API can be used to do this, but I've no idea how to, and at 2130 on Sunday evening, I'm not about to try finding out how. :)

Cheers.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events