how can I create a report automatically in confluence?

ABHINAV ASHOK CHAVAN March 19, 2018

Currently I make a manual report mostly in tabular form, which mentions status of different applications. There are certain procedures which convey whether an application is up or not.  I want to automate the whole process, so that the procedures get executed and a confluence page gets created on a daily basis in a mentioned directory

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 20, 2018

Hello Abhinav,

Can you be more specific with what sort of report that you're automating? Are you referring to a specific template that you want to create within Confluence that a user could fill out with the desired information?

It's likely that you will need a Marketplace App for this, since Confluence doesn't have any automation, so if you can fully describe your business case, our Marketplace vendors will be able to fit you to a specific add-on.

Shannon

ABHINAV ASHOK CHAVAN March 20, 2018

Its not any specific template, its just a table with application names, its status and date. 

For each application, I have ping pages (a URL that hits a given application) which give a response, that gives an indication about the application status and its env date. And I need to create a page for every working day, to summarize data in the table. 

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 22, 2018

Abhinav,

Thank you for clarifying. This isn't possible in Confluence and would require some kind of add-on or possibly a User Macro.

I myself am not familiar with how you would create this or an add-on that might offer that possibility. As I mentioned I'm tagging the question appropriately so any users that might have this knowledge will be able to share it with you.

Regards,
Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events