Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

draw.io does not load

Oleksandr Matsko January 17, 2020

Adding draw.io diagram does not currently work in Confluence cloud.

STR:

1. Hit 'Create' > 'Blank Page'.

2. Hit '+' > 'View More' > 'Visuals & Images' > 'Draw.io Diagram'

EXPECTED RESULT:

Draw.io loads and I am able to create some nice looking and explanatory diagrams.

ACTUAL RESULT:

Never-ending Draw.io logo.

3 answers

2 votes
Ashok_Bohra February 13, 2020

I am also facing the same issue. The diagram created in Draw.io is not loaded after publishing but able to see the created diagram in edit mode. 

Update while trying to edit the diagram it says. "Read error: Error while loading the file"

David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 13, 2020

Have you checked the steps mentioned in this thread?

Yes I checked the above steps and do not have ad blocker installed. Also the link does open for me also.

David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 13, 2020

Go to https://info.seibert-media.net/display/DRAWIO/Diagramming+and+flowcharts+with+draw.io you should get a support chat open bottom right, link the operator to this question

thanks. Will do.

0 votes
Günter S. Bachbauer March 11, 2020

Hi,

I'm also facing this problem. It is loading...loading...loading. Please see screenshot below:

grafik.png

Marija Radovic
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 11, 2020

Hi, 

could you clear cache and temporarily disable all browser extensions? If this doesn't help, check if it is loading in another browser and Incognito mode and tell me the results please.

I use Win 10 Pro and Chrome Version 80.0.3987.132 (Official Build) (64-bit) and I am not able to reproduce this issue so we should try to figure it out together what is happening at your place. 

Regards,

Marija

draw.io support

Ashok_Bohra March 11, 2020

Hi, I tried clearing cache and cookies and same thing (no draw.io). Tried opening in Internet explorer 11, this time IE blocked the page due to its Windows Data Execution Prevention saying DEP stopped as it detected an add -on tyring to use system memory incorrectly. 

There is no add-on in IE as I use only chrome and never added any extension or add on in IE.  Chrome version is 80.0.3987.132 (Official Build) (64-bit). OS is WIndows 10 Enterprise. 

David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 11, 2020

If you navigate directly to https://confluence.draw.io, what do you see?

Ashok_Bohra March 11, 2020

It opens correctly and I am able to create new diagrams. 

Marija Radovic
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 12, 2020

What version do you see under Help > About when https://confluence.draw.io/ is opened?

Also, it would be great if you could send us a print screen of a browser console when you try to load draw.io. Are there any errors?

Thanks,

Ashok_Bohra March 12, 2020

Version is 12.8.4 when I open the link

below is the console when i try to open a page with Draw IO diagram. Now i get the message "Diagram not found" where the diagram is instead of "Error 0"

Confluence Draw io.PNG

Mohamed Mohamedin March 12, 2020

To confirm the source of "Diagram not found" error, please check the page attachments list (the ... menu then Attachments) and confirm that there is no "Untitled Diagram.drawio" attachment there.

If indeed the diagram is not found, then, this diagram points to another page that you don't have permission to view. Check that by checking the page storage format (the ... menu then "View Storage Format"). Look for draw.io macro and check the pageId parameter in there.

Feel free to share Attachments list and page storage format with us to check them for you. You can also open a support ticket if these info cannot be shared publicly. 

Ashok_Bohra March 12, 2020

I see the diagram is present with a name but still get Diagram not foud. I am not able to see the View Storage format option. But when i click on the view source option under menu. It opens a new popup window and there i can see the draw io diageram.  

I tried uninstalling chrome and reinstalling the same. Still the same issue.  

Mohamed Mohamedin March 12, 2020

Can you please try to download the diagram file from the page attachments. Based on the console screenshot, we got an error when draw.io tried to fetch the diagram.

If you cannot download the attachment, then the file is corrupted 

Ashok_Bohra March 16, 2020

Much appreciate the help. I am able to download the file when i try to open the same in chome, It shows an XML file with root tag as mxfile and is a proper xml file. Same is the case when opening in internet explorer. 

Some other observations. 

When tyring to edit the page I am able to see the draw.io diagram. When trying to edit the diagram it shows the following attached error.Confluence Draw io 1.PNG

Mohamed Mohamedin March 16, 2020

If you are using the old Confluence Page Editor, then the draw.io diagrams shown are images (it loads the png file of the same diagram)

Can you please try to open the following URL in your browser (After replacing the PAGE_ID and DIAGRAM_NAME placeholders)

https://bpostcentraljira.atlassian.net/wiki/download/attachments/PAGE_ID/DIAGRAM_NAME

This is the URL we call to fetch a diagram

Same .. opens up a the XML file correctly. 

Mohamed Mohamedin March 16, 2020

Is this only affects one diagram only?

Does new diagrams work correctly?

This is with all the diagrams and in different pages. 

David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 16, 2020

Please file a ticket at https://drawio.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/14 so we can arrange a video call to look ourselves.

Ashok_Bohra April 15, 2020

Sorry for taking a long time to reply. The issue is resolved by COVID-19. For the past 2-3 weeks i have been working from home and the issue does not happen. 

Everything is working fine on the open internet. However the moment I use VPN to access confluence through the company network the issue comes back again. 

Hence believe that there is some kind of traffic that is being blocked by company firewall. 

0 votes
David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 20, 2020

Have you maybe got an ad-blocker installed that is blocking confluence.draw.io, where the app is loaded from?

Oleksandr Matsko January 21, 2020

I most definitely have no ad ablockers, especially in Edge browser.

Update: tried to run in Edge and Chrome.

David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 21, 2020

Does https://confluence.draw.io load for you in a browser?

Oleksandr Matsko January 24, 2020

Yes. I am using it as a fallback right now saving to GDrive and importing exported pngs to Confluence.

David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 24, 2020

You can submit more details to support@draw.io. Also, the embed draw.io macro has an option to embed Google Drive stored draw.io files.

https://about.draw.io/embed-existing-draw-io-diagrams-in-confluence-pages/

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events