contributors macro shows different counts

edward71 October 4, 2019

When I place the contributors macro in space 1 with space "ABC" as only filled one, I get a count of e.g. 34343

When I place the contributors macro in space 2 with space "ABC" as only filled one, I get a count of eg. 27

(so the same space name filled in, no pages filled in, etc)

How does this work?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Boris MBOUMEHANG
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 4, 2019

Hi Edward, 

I think that the contributors macro is based on the permissions applied to the space (and page) where he is, and the space (and page) from which you want to retrieve contributors. So, that's why you will not necessarily get the same results while using the macro in two different spaces (even if you are refering to the same space.

I hope this will help.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Boris

edward71 October 4, 2019

So I place the exact same macro with exact the same variables, same space name. In space 1 and space 2 (same company, different departments).

I look at my own name. In the one space I see "3450" and in the other space I see e.g. "12".

So this is not based on my own permissions. But this is then based on permissions of one space to read another space from the user-rights of the user under which the  macro runs. So this is apparently not the same as the viewer or creator because in both cases this is me.  Ok. So the macro runs under a user privilige like "macro user" that has its own rights assigned. So for this macro-user I need to check the permissions and assign rights to read everything from both spaces. Ok. Thanks. Will look for this.

Still there are some additional strange things additional to this:

When I specify space name ABC, user John has a count of 1250
When I specify space name ABC, DEF user John has a count of 15

So somehow when adding a space the count gets lower for the user. It it as if DEF now has prreference and it only shows the counts for DEF and then decides that it can not do ABC. when I removed DEF in the space string it counts correctly again. It could be that it underneath counts for DEF then recognizes that the rights are different and then will do no counts for ABC or something.

Like Boris MBOUMEHANG likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events