Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

confluence comment added to the wrong page

Mick Davidson August 12, 2012

Afternoon,

On Friday a client tried adding a comment to a page but got the following error msg:

Error loading the Editor template: 404 Not Found.

When he re-tried it, the editor loaded and he was able to add his comment.

However the comment was then added to a page a few sub-pages down the hierachy from the Home page. His origicall starting point was much deeper than that. So the msg was not only on a different page, it was a long way from it.

Can you think of why this might have happened?

Cheers,

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
LuizA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2012
Mick, It will be hard to consider this as an issue since it happened only once and it's not reproduceable. I'd suggest raising a support ticket with your current logs in case this happens again.
0 votes
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 13, 2012
Hello Mick,

I've never seen this behavior before. Can you confirm if that's the first time you experienced this issue? Also, are you running Confluence behind a proxy or some kind of URL rewrite rule? If not, you can consider raising a support ticket in case this behavior happens again.
Mick Davidson August 13, 2012

Rodrigo,

It's definitley the first time anyone's reported it to me. Also, the user hasn't been able to reproduce the problems and nor have I. He was using IE9 behind a firewall.

Our wiki is hosted by a 3rd party, not Atlassian. We don't re-write URLs as far as I'm aware, how could I find out about that? It's no problem to raise a support ticket.

Cheers.

Mick Davidson August 13, 2012

Sorry, he was running IE 7, I don't know if that makes any difference.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events