confluence 5.2.5 CacheManager has been shut down

Don Fike September 19, 2013

While running the Setup Wizard, during the configure database step, I repeatedly run into this error;

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: The CacheManager has been shut down. It can no longer be used.
at net.sf.ehcache.CacheManager.checkStatus(CacheManager.java:827)
at net.sf.ehcache.CacheManager.getCache(CacheManager.java:536)

How can I get passed this. The tables were created, so I am prompted to overwrite, but I always run into this error.

Thanks,

2 answers

2 votes
Don Fike September 21, 2013

Dropping and recreating the database and rerunning the Setup Wizard created a succussful install.

Thanks,

0 votes
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2013

Hi Don,

There's a bug in Confluence that refer to this message, but it should be fixed in your version and it doesn't seem to cause problems or functionality loss. Are you able to install Confluence or it fails during the setup? Do you see other error messages in your log?

Cheers

Don Fike September 20, 2013

Confluence fails to complete the Setup Wizard. It gats stuck on the configure database step (setupstandarddb.action) even though it has created the tables. I can't complete the install, perhaps if I skipped this step and started at the next step, wouold you know what my URL would for the next step.

Thanks,

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events