cannot delete a group via the admin console

Mathew Imregi December 23, 2022

I am taking over an Atlassian site and cleaning up a few permissions groups.  For some reason, when I try to delete a group, I get the attached error (~"uh oh, something went wrong, please try again later").

This is happening with at least two groups, at least one of which I have confirmed has no users and is not being referenced by any products permissions settings.

What else can I try?

2022-12-23 10_39_33-Administration and 6 more pages - Work - Microsoft​ Edge.png

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 25, 2022

Hi @Mathew Imregi ,

didi u check that group has not been referenced on confluence global permissions? Btw,my suggestion is to raise a ticket to Atlassian https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Fabio

Mathew Imregi January 20, 2023

This was it!  It was being referenced in global permissions.  Thanks =)

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2023

you're welcome @Mathew Imregi  ;)

0 votes
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 26, 2022

@Mathew Imregi your group currently lists you as a member. Have you tried removing yourself and then deleting the group? I have never deleted groups with active members, and perhaps that is what is preventing you from being able to complete the process.

Mathew Imregi January 20, 2023

This did not work =(

0 votes
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 23, 2022

HI @Mathew Imregi ,

Should have been able to delete it from the group page. Would recommend raising a ticket with Atlassian support to look into logs or any back end issues with your cloud instance.

-Ben 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events