Zip app for Mac

Kirsten Erwin November 10, 2016

I'm trying to copy a space from an old instance of Confluence Cloud to a new one. A space with the key already exists so I get an error when I try to import the zip file.

I found an article that said I could edit the exportDescriptor.properties file, and I've done that. However, I'm on a Mac so zipping the file with the built-in zip tool doesn't work. All of the kb articles I've found on Atlassian's site only say to restore the downloaded zip from the trash, but, obviously, that doesn't include my edit. What application can I use on a Mac to zip the edited files so I can import the space to our new Confluence Cloud instance?

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2016

Hi Kirsten,

I was able to do this using the built in Mac zipping function, without needing to find a 3rd party zip app.

For it to work, after editing the exportDescriptor.properties file I had to compress the three items inside the "Confluence-space-export...xml" folder, rather than the folder itself:

mac-compress-1.jpg

This creates a file called Archive.zip, which (for me at least) imported OK, with the new space key I set in exportDescriptor.properties.

mac-compress-2.jpg

Hopefully that will work for you and save you the hassle of finding a different tool.

Sam

Kirsten Erwin November 11, 2016

Thanks, Sam! I'll give that a shot today. smile 

Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 11, 2016

Great. I hope it does the trick. If it works out for you, don't forget to use the tick to accept my answer  : )

Kirsten Erwin November 11, 2016

Thanks for that tip, too. This was my first submission so I'm quite new to this. 

I'm still having problems with the one that I edited, but that's probably user error. It has worked on a space that I didn't edit. 

Thanks so much!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events