Zen Full width macro only works for admin users

Jonathan Simonoff
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2014

We need to use the full page width for content, so are using the full-width macro in the header to get rid of the left and right columns, as suggested in https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/271558/using-full-width-macro-in-master-page-layout.

To my dismay, I just discovered that though the effect works well for me, for users who are not admins or are not logged in, it doesn't work at all -- the page renders with the left column.

Help! If this can't be fixed we will have to give up on Zen. (We do want to move to your newer plugin, but we need to upgrade Confluence first, and I'm not sure that will happen soon enough.)

4 answers

0 votes
Kelli Hoyt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2014

OK, thanks, Jonathan. We'll continue the discussion on your support ticket, and will post final solution here.

0 votes
Jonathan Simonoff
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 30, 2014

The header is in the same space as the content, so I think it can't be that. Also, there are no restrictions on .zen.header, either. FWIW, I tried going to .zen.header as a non-admin user, and I can view it, too.

0 votes
Kelli Hoyt
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 30, 2014

Hi Jonathan,

Jumping in here - have you checked your user permissions on the space that houses that header? Look in your Zen Space Settings ... perhaps a utility space?

Suspecting that your users may not have permissions to view that space, which would mean the macro would not render.

We'll start there!
Let us know...

Thanks,
Kelli

0 votes
Robbie Lee
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 30, 2014

Hi Johnathan, please file a JIRA issue here: https://brikit.atlassian.net

Jonathan Simonoff
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 30, 2014

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events