Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Writing text below a table at the bottom of an expand block

Paul Zhang June 30, 2022

How do I write text below a table that's at a bottom of an expand?

What I'd like to do is click on the right side of the table and have a cursor appear there and then press enter.annoying-confluence.PNG

1 answer

1 vote
Jessica
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 4, 2022

Hi, Paul

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

If you want to add the text below the table but add the content inside the expand yet, you can click on the last cell of your table, at the right side.
After that, with the right arrow of your keyboard, click it on it once, to select the table and twice will place the cursor at the end of the table (still on the right side).
When you get there, you can press enter, it will allow you to insert text below the table, but still inside the expand macro.

If your goal is to add text outside the expand macro, you would need to repeat this operation and click on the right arrow of your keyboard, but press until the cursor appears on the right side of the expand macro, instead of the table. It takes four right arrow clicks to get there.

Additionally, you can add an extra line/space when inside the expand macro, go back to the first line, add the table and automatically you will have the line to enter the text directly, without having to navigate with the arrow key +enter to insert the text below the table.

Hope that helps! 
Jessica

Philip Vassilev February 8, 2023

It helped me! Thank you both :)

Like Jessica likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders