Word count

Fraser Balaam April 10, 2014

Hello,

I need to understand the word count of the Confluence On-Demand system I look after.

Can you tell me how to find this information out?

Many thanks,

Fraser

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Guilherme Nedel [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 10, 2014

Hello Fraser,

Confluence OnDemand, currently does have a page that can display statistics for the content that lives on top of it, it can be viewed from Confluence Admin > Global Activity, more info about it can be reviewed after this link.

For Word Count specifically, I believe that such is not available from the application, there is a request for adding this type of stat,a s described in this feature request.

Hope this helps.

3 votes
Steve May 25, 2021

I was searching for a word count for Confluence and got to this page pretty quickly but it didn't help. I did more research but still in 2021 no way to highlight words and get a word count in Confluence and a character count in Confluence for cloud. So I built a solution (for cloud), works well so put it on the Atlassian marketplace, if interested take a look.

I know lots of admins are planning moves from server to cloud and users expect same functionality (which is a challenge).

0 votes
Guilherme Nedel [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 23, 2014

Hello Fraser, if the answer below did help, kindly mark it as accepted on the top right corner of its box, that will help other people to find the same answer.

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events