Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

With the new editor, how can I insert a table in a list element?

aardvark June 30, 2021

It seems the new editor has lost its ability to insert tables at any indentation level.

If I create a list element and click to create a table within it, the table always gets created AFTER the ENTIRE list.

I tried various workarounds, including using Tab to indent the table, copying-and-pasting the table in position, and pasting properly formatted Markdown, but none of it worked.

Nesting tables in list elements is basic HTML functionality. Not supporting it is an authoring crime.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 7, 2021

@aardvark - Welcome to the Atlassian Community

You are correct in that this is not supported in the new editor.  There is a feature request that you can vote for here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-69020

0 votes
Mo Dickson March 8, 2023

This is nuts! I now have a very large table which not only can I not edit but I can't even copy. I have to create a new table from scratch. And I can't revert the page to the old editor. Talk about snookered! I urge others to vote for a fix for this.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events