Will Anchor macros help avoid broken links if there is a url change in the future?

A.Elliott
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 19, 2022

My department's space changed from being independent to the company's larger Confluence space. During this shift, some links that were connecting various workflows or processes broke (perhaps due to the slight change in URL). To avoid this from happening in the future, I started using the anchor macro. I was wondering, however, will the Anchor Macros remain unchanged if the url for a page changes? Could there my another method of linking between different pages within the same space? Or, will links need to be fixed following a change in page url? Thanks for all your time and help! 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2022

Hi @A.Elliott 

Welcome to the Community!!

If you have included an Anchor macro to refer the pages in different space, it should work fine as long as you are referring to the pages within the same confluence server. It will anyway work for anchors if you referred them within the same space or the page. So, it should work fine with Anchor macro.

Let me know if you have any further queries.

Thanks,
Pramodh

A.Elliott
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 20, 2022

Thank you so much for clarifying these questions!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events