Why won't the Macro Browser load, after we upgraded from 3.5.5 to 4.1?

Fe Canono December 18, 2011

We just upgraded our dev environment on Friday to the latest and greatest confluence 4.1. Unfortunately, we're noticing that the Macro Browser will not load. We are upgrading from 3.5.5 to 4.1. Any thoughts of what we can try?

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andrew Frayling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2011
The only time I've seen this problem is when there was a third party or custom plugin installed that wasn't 4.x compatible. Have you got any third party plugins installed that may not be 4.x compatible? If so, you could try disabling them via the admin console and re-enabling them one by one. Also, is there anything in the logs that could give a clue as to why the browser is not loading?
Fe Canono December 18, 2011

Yup. That was it. The culprit was the Theme Builder plugin. Disabling the plugin brought back the macro browser. Thanks very much.

Michael Roff
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2011

I had this problem also.

I put safety mode on and then enable each third party plugin one by one.

The only one which didn't enable was Community Bubbles - everything else went ok - after this, the macro browser could be viewed again.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events