It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Why won't the Macro Browser load, after we upgraded from 3.5.5 to 4.1?

Fe Canono Dec 18, 2011

We just upgraded our dev environment on Friday to the latest and greatest confluence 4.1. Unfortunately, we're noticing that the Macro Browser will not load. We are upgrading from 3.5.5 to 4.1. Any thoughts of what we can try?

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andrew Frayling Dec 18, 2011
The only time I've seen this problem is when there was a third party or custom plugin installed that wasn't 4.x compatible. Have you got any third party plugins installed that may not be 4.x compatible? If so, you could try disabling them via the admin console and re-enabling them one by one. Also, is there anything in the logs that could give a clue as to why the browser is not loading?
Fe Canono Dec 18, 2011

Yup. That was it. The culprit was the Theme Builder plugin. Disabling the plugin brought back the macro browser. Thanks very much.

Michael Roff Dec 20, 2011

I had this problem also.

I put safety mode on and then enable each third party plugin one by one.

The only one which didn't enable was Community Bubbles - everything else went ok - after this, the macro browser could be viewed again.

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

6 Awesome Ways to Apply Trello, JIRA and Confluence to your Project

I attended  Atlassian Summit 2019  and learned a lot from the presenters, attendees and knowledgeable Atlassian product managers. The presentations I attended focused on applying Agile, pla...

1,301 views 8 19
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you