Why won't the Macro Browser load, after we upgraded from 3.5.5 to 4.1?

We just upgraded our dev environment on Friday to the latest and greatest confluence 4.1. Unfortunately, we're noticing that the Macro Browser will not load. We are upgrading from 3.5.5 to 4.1. Any thoughts of what we can try?

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Accepted answer
The only time I've seen this problem is when there was a third party or custom plugin installed that wasn't 4.x compatible. Have you got any third party plugins installed that may not be 4.x compatible? If so, you could try disabling them via the admin console and re-enabling them one by one. Also, is there anything in the logs that could give a clue as to why the browser is not loading?

Yup. That was it. The culprit was the Theme Builder plugin. Disabling the plugin brought back the macro browser. Thanks very much.

I had this problem also.

I put safety mode on and then enable each third party plugin one by one.

The only one which didn't enable was Community Bubbles - everything else went ok - after this, the macro browser could be viewed again.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

1,525 views 25 14
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you