Why links to headings on the same page opening in Edit mode in Legacy editor?

Sri Krishna Devaraya Vuyyuru January 20, 2021

I have a hundred pages (all written by me) on our confluence. Yesterday, I was browsing through some of the old pages and found that almost no link is working in them. Every time I click a link (that's supposed to take me to a heading on the same page), the page opens in Edit mode or doesn't respond at all. (I'm absolutely sure, I've tested every such link (I still do) when I wrote those documents originally and ensured they are working, before I published them).

Now, when I open them in edit mode, I notice, the links have mysteriously turned into Page Name#MyHeading (the same page name is inserted before the #). Originally they were just #MyHeading. Its just astonishing how they became Page Name#MyHeading on their own (no one edited them after being published).
And now, when I try to fix the links by removing the Page Name part, only some of the links work, not all.
Any solution to fix all those links in all those hundred pages?

2 answers

0 votes
Isaac S _Atlassian Support_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 27, 2021

Hi @Sri Krishna Devaraya Vuyyuru,

Isaac here from Atlassian Support. I hope that you are having a swell day. I see that you are having issues with the links on multiple pages breaking. I completely understand the irritation caused by this situation!

To be clear, this is NOT a normal behavior of Confluence. I believe that this might be an issue affecting solely your instance.

I ask that you submit a Support Request so our team can gather more information and take a deep dive into this issue. So that we can find out the root cause and the best path forward to hopefully resolve the issue.

To submit a Support Request, please login HERE Once you have logged in there you can follow the steps in this guide HERE.

We look forward to hearing from you so we can investigate this issue with you further.

0 votes
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2021

@Sri Krishna Devaraya Vuyyuru 

Please click here then submit a support ticket as this is an unusual behaviour in Confluence.

Best
Fadoua

PS: Don't forget to share with us the fix once you get Atlassian's assistance

Sri Krishna Devaraya Vuyyuru January 24, 2021

hmm... sorry, but it's funny that the link you have shared just collected a few details (nothing about the issue itself) and gave me two options: a link to this very place (Atlassian Community) and atlassian documentation.  

confluence-bug.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events