Why is it not possible to import calendars to Outlook 2013 from Team Calendars?

Sebastian Schöld May 15, 2014

Hi,

I've been trying to import calendars from "Team Calendars" to "Outlook 2013" by using either "Export to iCalendar" or "Share or Embed" in an OnDemand Confluence with Team Calendars.

When opening it in Outlook 2013 I receive error "Outlook cannot import any appointments".

Am I doing something wrong?

Best wishes,

Sebastian Schöld

4 answers

0 votes
Julia Wester [Wittified]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2014

I successfully subscribe to team calendars from outlook 2013 without issue. It shows up as a new calendar in outlook. I used the guide mentioned above. However, I'm not following a JIRA calendar type.

0 votes
Guilherme Nedel [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 20, 2014

Hi Sebastian, this has been proven to work with Outlook 2010, nevertheless there is no evidence about tests with the 2013 version. May be worth adding this as an improvement request ticket in jira.atlassian.com.

0 votes
Sebastian Schöld May 18, 2014

Hi Guilherme Nedel,

A subscription would actually be alot better than an export. I have followed the guide and successfully setup a subscription.

Unfortunately I couldn't setup a subscription for the calendar I wanted, due to:

{quote}

• You cannot subscribe to JIRA Calendar types from Outlook

{quote}

Are there any workarounds for this? Or maybe a planned feature in the future?

0 votes
Guilherme Nedel [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 18, 2014

Hello Sebastian, would be a subscription a possible alternate for exporting the calendars? In case yes, you can refer to this guide for setting that up with Confluence and Outlook.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events