Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is internet explorer 11 crashing when using confluence ondemand?

Hugh Bathurst October 30, 2014

2 answers

1 vote
Hugh Bathurst November 4, 2014

Hi Nic, Ales. It's been crashing regularly when I try to edit in the Confluence OnDemand trial license we're researching.  Pretty much whenever I try to edit a page (any page it seems), as well as crashing when editing spaces. 

Mauro (from Atlassian support) kindly advanced this by email today (I believe Reference: JST-115331 ) by sharing (among other things) the following.

.. was able to find this bug related to that IE11 version that causes the browser to crash: CONF-34440.  There is an IE patch mentioned that I believe it should solve the issue.

For what I understand so far, IE11 crashes when using Confluence Hard to pinpoint a pattern, but crashing appears to happen when creating spaces or creating pages Firefox works fine so it is IE11 specific. .. default settings still cause the problem. browser IE11 version is 11.0.9600.16428 (affected by this bug: CONF-34440)

I've sent a query to see of my IT helpdesk can assist with a patch - if anything else jumps out I'd appreciate hearing as can't really continue our trial license tests until resolved.  Cheers - Hugh

Serg March 15, 2015

I've got the same problem: IE 11 crashes while creating or editing Conflence pages. Unfortunately I couldn't access CONF-34440 article (no permissions). What IE patch is mentioned there?

1 vote
Aleš Laňar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2014

Because it is Microsoft IE smile Do you try to check a settings? Compatibility mode? Maybe it will help you.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 31, 2014

You'll need to do some more detailed debugging to find out why - when does it happen, what is the error message and so-on. Most importantly, you might want to find someone for whom it does not crash and check how your IE is set up differently from theirs (Cloud is working fine on my brief test on IE11 off-the-shelf, so it's either your configuration of IE, or I've not run into a page that causes an issue)

Aleš Laňar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2014

If he will upload a screen or more details then I can help.

Nirmani K April 27, 2017

I have the same issue. there is no errors, it just stop working/frozen and windows fan is running as if it is going to blow the computer.

Jennifer May 17, 2017

We are having the same issue with MS IE 11 and being unable to utilize Confluence

Works & looks great in Firefox & Chrome but not MS IE 11

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 17, 2017

Jennifer, please try the MS patch linked on Create page crashes on unpatched IE11 RTM

Jennifer May 17, 2017

Thank you much Ann.  

Also, I just turned OFF compatibility view mode and that worked

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 17, 2017

Oh yay! Thanks for sharing the resolution with the community. :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events