Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Why is all data summarized by year in my chart?

I hope someone can help me understand why the Chart from Table macro summarizes year on the X-axis, instead of showing all dates.

I have the following table. It goes from 2019-01-01 to 2019-12-31, and the "Sheep" value from 1 to 365. Obviously just test data to see if I can get a linear line graph showing. Here are the first 10 lines: 

table.PNG

But my graph just looks like this, with a single point where all the days are summarized:

graph.PNGHow can I display a graph with all 365 data points? I don't get it... :)

1 answer

1 accepted

Hello @Torkil Sinkaberg Johnsen,

Please, switch the chart type from Line to Time Line and then set date format to yy-mm-dd.

My god... That easy eh? YOU ARE A LIFESAVER! Thanks Andrey!

@Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_ do you know where I can find the documentation for those date formats?

Here are the docs.

Ans if you use the /dateMacro (entered with a slash), then you do not need to take care of the format - the chart will detect it automatically.

I could get this to work with normal dates, but not with data that only has week numbers, like 2019-01, 2019-02 etc.

Tried both the yy-ww and yy-w formats, but the format is not recognized it says :( 

graph_week.PNG

Any ideas on this one?

Support for weeks in dates was added in version 5.1.0

If you click What's new, then you'll see what version you are on:

2020-04-02_13h54_59.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

Lessons and Learnings: Six Months of Working Remote [Discussion]

Hey there, folks! For most of us, the past six months- yes, you read that right- have been a journey. More people than ever before have pivoted to working remotely, and navigating being on-scre...

8,604 views 7 7
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you