Why is all data summarized by year in my chart?

Torkil Sinkaberg Johnsen April 2, 2020

I hope someone can help me understand why the Chart from Table macro summarizes year on the X-axis, instead of showing all dates.

I have the following table. It goes from 2019-01-01 to 2019-12-31, and the "Sheep" value from 1 to 365. Obviously just test data to see if I can get a linear line graph showing. Here are the first 10 lines: 

table.PNG

But my graph just looks like this, with a single point where all the days are summarized:

graph.PNGHow can I display a graph with all 365 data points? I don't get it... :)

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 2, 2020

Hello @Torkil Sinkaberg Johnsen,

Please, switch the chart type from Line to Time Line and then set date format to yy-mm-dd.

My god... That easy eh? YOU ARE A LIFESAVER! Thanks Andrey!

@Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_ do you know where I can find the documentation for those date formats?

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 2, 2020

Here are the docs.

Ans if you use the /dateMacro (entered with a slash), then you do not need to take care of the format - the chart will detect it automatically.

I could get this to work with normal dates, but not with data that only has week numbers, like 2019-01, 2019-02 etc.

Tried both the yy-ww and yy-w formats, but the format is not recognized it says :( 

graph_week.PNG

Any ideas on this one?

Rising Star
Rising Star
April 2, 2020

Support for weeks in dates was added in version 5.1.0

If you click What's new, then you'll see what version you are on:

2020-04-02_13h54_59.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events