Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is Table Excerpt/ Table Excerpt Include macros not showing for me?

Maren Regin March 1, 2021

I am on Cloud Confluence, and see documentation that says Table Excerpt/ Include or Multiexcerpt should be in my list of macros but it's not. Am I crazy? I don't see it in page templates either? 

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Capi [resolution]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 1, 2021

Hi @Maren Regin

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

This is the most similar macro I could find.

Captura de pantalla 2021-03-01 223823.png

Could you share which documentation have you seen? Is it perhaps this?

https://docs.stiltsoft.com/display/public/TFAC/How+to+use+Table+Excerpt+and+Table+Excerpt+Include+macros#HowtouseTableExcerptandTableExcerptIncludemacros-UsingtheTableExcerptMacro

If that's the case, then I'm afraid that you're looking at a paid Marketplace app by Stiltsoft. It's probably worth trying, though.

Maren Regin March 1, 2021

You're right- The video and article I saw were from Stiltsoft! My goal was to use Excerpt macro but need to use it twice on a single page. We want to roll up two headers on child pages into a status page (milestones and outstanding questions, which we're using differently than actual tasks). With Excerpt macro you can only use it once within a page. I was using this video (he mentions table excerpt at 10:55). He mentions Table Excerpts but didn't mention it was paid. Darn! 

I'm thinking I'll either have to combine the outstanding questions either within the milestone table we have or list them as action items so it can be rolled up using Excerpts and Tasks page template. 

Like Capi [resolution] likes this
Capi [resolution]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 1, 2021

Glad I was able to clarify a bit!

Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 2, 2021

Hi @Maren Regin ,

The Table Excerpt/Table Excerpt Include macros are a part of the Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app.

Your Confluence administrator may provide you with the list of the add-ons installed for your instance.

And you may also try to check if you have other macros from the Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app in your macro browser (for example, Table Filter or Pivot Table), if no, then the app is not installed for your Confluence.

Like # people like this
Maren Regin March 2, 2021

This is super helpful- I finally realized that there is a Marketplace! Thank you for letting me know it's a part of a bigger package of features. 

Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 2, 2021

If you are interested in the Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app, you can book a live demo from our team - we'll be glad to show you the whole bunch of provided macros and their main capabilities.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events