Why is Navigation Map not available in my Confluence?

Brenda Strong May 7, 2021

Navigation Map widget is not available in my navigation section. Can anyone help please?

1 answer

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2021

Hi @Brenda Strong,

The navigation map macro has been removed from Confluence Cloud after the introduction of the new editor. As you can read in this announcement (March 12th) the recommended alternative you can use is the Children Display macro.

Hope this helps! 

Bryon Fevens October 23, 2023

Why?  I mean.....WHY?  This was one of the most useful and space effective ways to establish a quick navigation section at the top of the page... 

Was this macro causing death and destruction across the universe? Was imminent galactic collapse about to occur?

Suggesting using the children display macro is like saying, "sorry we have removed the vegetarian salad from the menu. Here, have a TBone steak"

I threw my hand up a year or so ago with the new crappy editor and the utterly insane revsamp of tables, and excluded Confluence from our DevOps.

And now, finally deciding to try again...this.....

I really do not understand where Atlassian is trying to take this product anymore. A blogging platform? Not much use to an enterprise org.

After almost 20 years or using it, Im done with Confluence. Oh look...10 alternatives to Confluence in one quick google search.

Like rogier.kolstein likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events