Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does the page freeze when pasting in edit mode?

Alexandra Ross February 10, 2021

For about a week now, every time I try to edit a page in Confluence or Jira, if I attempt to paste any copied text the page/ticket freezes up and becomes unresponsive. Once this has happened, that page becomes uneditable for me in the future, even if I am not pasting anything.

I have tried:

-clearing my cache

-reloading the page

-restarting Chrome

-restarting computer

*Additional note: Other programs/websites are working fine for me with the exception of one other service that I use - Intercom. This same error has been happening for the same time frame when writing help articles in Intercom.

I would really appreciate any insights or ideas! Thank you

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 10, 2021

@Alexandra Ross 

Welcome to the community.  This could be caused by a lot of things so it could be challenging to troubleshoot.  Let's start with this:

• Is it limited to Chrome or is it happening in all browsers?
  • Does it happen on other computers?
Jos van der Sanden September 27, 2021

I did have the same issue, for us its Chrome related (Edge works) and it doesn't work in multiple systems with Chrome. What we noticed is, when removing a mobile phone number, that it worked and when having a 10 digit phone number inside the text, it was hanging during pasting it inside the editor.

@Brant Schroeder could you please check this?

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 27, 2021

@Jos van der Sanden So if you have a 10 digit number and paste that information into the Confluence or Jira editor it hangs?  

What are you pasting from?

Jos van der Sanden September 28, 2021

I'm pasting simply the following text 

Person X called from phone number 0123456789

When pasting a text like `Person X called from phone number 0123456789` it hangs. Not sure why, it is a combination of a extension inside Chrome we use with JIRA. When pasting the same text inside a field on another website it doesn't hang. We tested it both in a plain text field on another page as a HTML editor on another page.

Like Brant Schroeder likes this
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 28, 2021

@Jos van der Sanden have you been able to identify which plug-in?

@Brant Schroeder sorry, forgot to mention it. This plugin is "ClearVox Nexxt click to call"

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events