Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do I get an error in confluence randomly?

Javi August 13, 2018

I use 4 gadgets in a confluence page. 

1. Sprint health Gadget

2. Days reminding in Sprint Gadget

3. Sprint Burn down Gadget

4. Agile Wallboard Gadget

For some strange reason randomly 1 or more of the gadgets  stop working and display the following error:

''This gadget cannot be displayed on your dashboard. This could be due to a licensing problem or an application error. If you need this gadget, contact your administrator for assistance. Otherwise, you can remove it from your dashboard.''

If I refresh the web (F5) some of them start working and another stop. It is totally random.  Every time I refresh the web I can get a different combination of working gadgets.  From time to time (if Saturn aligns with Pluto and there is wind from the north) all of them work at the same time. 

1 answer

1 vote
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 16, 2018

"From time to time (if Saturn aligns with Pluto and there is wind from the north) all of them work at the same time."< That's hilarious, thanks for the chuckle.

I juts wanted to let you know your instance is not unique in suffering this error. We have reported it to our dev team in this ticket: JIRA Gadget macros fail to load

The bug report is public facing if you want to weigh in with the development team on it.

John Price
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 10, 2018

Thanks Ann.  We have this issue as well so I commented on the bug you linked.  Is there any value in me also submitting a support item?  Symptoms are exactly as described by Javier.

Junio Fernandes August 30, 2019

I started having this issue today. After enabled SSL on Jira/Confluence. Applications Links are connected and servers certificates are trustable (ca-signed). All gadgets are configured over ssl url.

Running on premise, version 6.15.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events