Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't the Org Admin access project pages

Bob Whitty August 30, 2019

I have created some pages in Confluence that correspond to our Help Desk project in Jira Service Desk. Several of those pages contain graphs showing various analytics based on our workload.

When my Boss (Org Admin and Site Admin) tries to access the pages with the graphs, he gets the following:

"The project selected isn't valid or it's restricted"

The project is certainly valid - it's been rolled out across the entire company. I have checked all his permissions, restrictions on the pages in question and site access. I have found nothing to prevent him from accessing these pages.

Has anyone else run into this type of problem before?

Thanks Folks!

Bob

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 2, 2019

Hi Bob,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!
A site-admin is someone that can access the Administration page of the instance, but if a site-admin is not added to default groups and added to a project, they won't be able to access pages or projects.
Please, check if the site-admin was added to the group jira-servicedesk-users and if he was added to the role administrator or service desk agent in the project.

Regards,
Angélica

Bob Whitty September 3, 2019

Hi Angelica - 

You were 100% right. I neglected to add the Boss to Jira Service Desk. Once I did, he could see everything he needed.

Thank You SO Much!

Bob

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events