Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I save pages that have links?

Barnett April 17, 2013

I am in my personal space using the documentation theme, editing a page. After creating a link (to a page) when I try to save I get an error message: "An error occured while trying to save the requested page."

I really need to be able to create links in my documentation pages since that is how users will navigate things such as the FAQ. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

3 answers

1 vote
Barnett May 2, 2013

This issue came up a few times for me. The solution that has been working is simply clearing my browser's (firefox) cache.

Thanks Sean and Mick for your help!

0 votes
Sean King
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 25, 2013

What version of confluence are you using? I tried to recreate the issue in 3.5.5 and links are created perfectly fine. Spacekeys are common practice and tilde's are part of the spacekey for personal spaces.

0 votes
Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2013

Is this happening with any other pages? Can you open a page in a new tab and try it? It sounds like the network to me.

Having said that, can you copy the page's content and paste it into a new page and save that? I've experienced this sort of thing before and never really found out why it happened.

Barnett April 18, 2013

I think I solved this issue. When using the bracket in Rich Text to link, for some reason the default markup is [~username:pagetitle]. So to get around this I just have to do [pagetitle] for each of my pages.

This is annoying. Is there a fix so that rich text "bracket" linking inserts the correct markup?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events