Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I disable Confluence Mobile?

Jason Tocci February 2, 2017

Our administrators don't see the "disable" option above the mobile plugin in General Configuration > Manage Add-ons > System. 

We want to disable mobile view because it makes Confluence unnavigable. There is no way to see a page tree, as the Page Tree macro doesn't work on mobile and the sidebar doesn't appear on mobile.

4 answers

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 2, 2017

You could put a support ticket in and ask Atlassian Support to disable it. System plugins are not able to be managed via Application Admins in Cloud.

0 votes
Randy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 2, 2017

It's not possible to disable in cloud.  The documentation you linked to is old and is for v6.0.  Cloud is running off v7 and the documentation can be found here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/confluence-mobile-724764728.html

In my experience, once you switch to desktop version, all subsequent pages you load in the browser will be in the desktop version view until you explicitly switch it back.

Hope this helps.

0 votes
Jason Tocci February 2, 2017

Thank you, but I don't mean to ask how to switch to Desktop version upon loading the site; I want to ask how to make sure the mobile version never loads at all. Documentation indicates that "Administrators can disable Confluence mobile on your site," but this appears not to be the case. https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/confluence-mobile-284365706.html

If it would be helpful, I could submit a separate question: How can I make the page tree appear in Confluence mobile so that our knowledge base is navigable?

0 votes
Randy
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 2, 2017

Tap the hamburger nav in the top left corner -> Switch to desktop version

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events