Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are my users blocked from managing their own email notification settings?

Deleted user November 11, 2019

I am pulling my hair out over this!!

Per attached, my Confluence users are unable to manage their own email notification settings. I have tried adding every access privilege, adding them to the Administrators group etc etc - nothing seems to be working.

I am the Org & Site admin, so I figure I should have access to add the relevant permission...

Any help would be massively appreciated :)

Thanks

confluence.jpg

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Amith Mathur {Appfire}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 11, 2019

Hi @[deleted] , 

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Can you please confirm if the users are not able to check/uncheck these options? 

Are the users not able to receive any notifications? 

Thanks,
Amith Mathur

Deleted user November 11, 2019

Hi @Amith Mathur {Appfire} 

No - per the screenshot, the checkboxes are greyed out for users.

They do receive notifications via email, however I also want these options to be configurable at the user level. Just unsure what settings need to be updated to enable this :(

Thanks

Amith Mathur {Appfire}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 11, 2019

Hi @[deleted] , 

There should be an "Edit" button , below the options, the users will need to click it to change settings. Are the users not seeing the "Edit" button? 

Thanks,
Amith Mathur

Deleted user November 12, 2019

@Amith Mathur {Appfire} 

Hahaha... now we all feel *really* stupid.

Thanks!

Amith Mathur {Appfire}
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 12, 2019

Hi @[deleted] ,

No worries. Glad that you are able to edit the settings.

This Atlassian community is to get an answer for any question you have.  :)

Thanks,
Amith Mathur

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events