Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are my new variables not all appearing after I save the template?

Rad.Bhagria February 18, 2021

Hello, 

When I am creating a custom template and then adding it to a page via the Create from Template macro, I am running into an issue with my variables -  some of the variables I insert are being saved, however, my newer text area variables are not appearing after I finish editing the template and then go to open the template again, as per the screenshots below: 

While Editing: 

______

Screenshot 2021-02-18 144638.png

_______

After Saving and Going to the Page to Open the Template: 

______

Screenshot 2021-02-18 144856.png

If anyone could help me figure out how to resolve this issue, it would be greatly appreciated! 

1 answer

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 19, 2021

Hello there @Rad.Bhagria

That is a good question variables and their usage.However, what I have to tell you is that you are currently affected by this report:

Variables are blank when using Create from Template macro

Currently, there is a workaround to this situation that involves the creation of a new template. Please, if possible, share how this breaks your workflow within Confluence. You can surely share this there in the report itself!

Let us hear from you.

Mike Zimmer February 25, 2021

I created  new templates three times and it never worked. this is so frustrating...

Like james likes this
Rad.Bhagria February 25, 2021

I am in the same boat  @Diego - have tried this suggested workaround multiple times to no avail

Like james likes this
Lisa M. Lilley January 27, 2023

I am also looking for this solution.  Do we need to create a new template every time or just once with the variable/list?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events