• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Why are my new variables not all appearing after I save the template?

Hello, 

When I am creating a custom template and then adding it to a page via the Create from Template macro, I am running into an issue with my variables -  some of the variables I insert are being saved, however, my newer text area variables are not appearing after I finish editing the template and then go to open the template again, as per the screenshots below: 

While Editing: 

______

Screenshot 2021-02-18 144638.png

_______

After Saving and Going to the Page to Open the Template: 

______

Screenshot 2021-02-18 144856.png

If anyone could help me figure out how to resolve this issue, it would be greatly appreciated! 

1 answer

0 votes
Diego Atlassian Team Feb 19, 2021

Hello there @Radhika_Bhagria

That is a good question variables and their usage.However, what I have to tell you is that you are currently affected by this report:

Variables are blank when using Create from Template macro

Currently, there is a workaround to this situation that involves the creation of a new template. Please, if possible, share how this breaks your workflow within Confluence. You can surely share this there in the report itself!

Let us hear from you.

I created  new templates three times and it never worked. this is so frustrating...

I am in the same boat  @Diego - have tried this suggested workaround multiple times to no avail

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Announcing Team Calendars in Confluence Data Center

Hi Community! We're thrilled to share that Team Calendars for Confluence is now a built-in feature for Confluence Data Center releases 7.11 and beyond.  A long time favorite,  Team Cale...

125 views 0 3
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you