Whole Confluence Production data has to sync into Dev Instance

Roja Gurram May 8, 2020

Hi Eveyone,

Could you please help me how do we do whole Confluence production data Sync into Dev Instance ?

1 answer

0 votes
repi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2020

What do you mean by syncing?
A one-time data transfer or a permanent data exchange?

Roja Gurram May 8, 2020

Hi,

Cloning the prod data  instance to Dev instance ( I mean to say Copy whatever is present in Prod same should be in Dev instance also because I want to upgrade the confluence so to test it in Dev first)

Permanently

repi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2020
Roja Gurram May 10, 2020

Hi Repi,

No, anyother suggestions would be much helpful.

repi
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 11, 2020

Save all data of the productive Instant with the confluence internal backup as an xml file:
Reinstall a test instance with your own db.
Restore the data of the productive instance in the new test instance.
If only a single space of the productive instance is required for testing, save it and immediately transfer it to the developer.
Delete any space with the same name in the developer instance as the productive instance in the developer instance beforehand.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events