Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Who is 'Everyone' under restrictions for Confluence spaces and pages?

Who falls under the umbrella of 'Everyone'? When I go to set up restrictions for either a space or a page, I choose the third option from the drop down which has 'Everyone' as having no access. Who is 'Everyone'? Is it anyone within the company's Atlassian domain that has a Confluence license? Is it Jira users? Is it customers, the ones that do not have licenses to either Jira or Confluence? Or, is it all of the above? Please clarify. 

Thanks

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg Community Leader Jan 13, 2022

Everyone is everyone that have access to your Confluence, and it is controlled based on your global setting. If your space permissions limits who can access the space, say to only a specific group, then everyone would be anyone belonging to that group.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Pramodh M Community Leader Jan 13, 2022

Hi @Fahad Akhtar 

Everyone refers to users/groups who can access your space

You can check this by going to space permissions in the space settings

CC1.png

Ignore Anonymous access if you have not setup one

So for above example, only one group and 3 users have access to all pages in space unless you have setup page restrictions

Thanks,
Pramodh

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence Cloud

🏠 Say hello to the new Confluence Home!

Hi Atlassian Community, My name is DJ Chung, and I’m a Product Manager on the Confluence Cloud team. Today, I’m excited to share a new and improved version of Home. The new Home helps you ...

41,984 views 29 132
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you