Which Atlassian product to start with?

Kenneth Virgile
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 7, 2024

New company has a team and needs to convert ideas into a product plan. Do market research. Get feedback from potential partners/customers. Create demos. Etc. Which Atlassian product would be best for managing the development of a product plan?

3 answers

2 votes
Josh Shepherd
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 7, 2024

This is a great suggestion. I'd also initially jump into free versions of:

• Trello - to create a plan for rollout and make a shared board for learnings as you go
  • Loom - to record quick screen-capture videos to insert into learning/training guides for your teams on how features work! 

Best of luck! 

2 votes
Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2024

Hi @Kenneth Virgile !  Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

It's my opinion that you should have a look at Jira Product Discovery.  This allows you to describe, prioritize, track, and send Ideas for implementation as products and features.

https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/product-discovery

1 vote
Kristian Klima
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2024

Hi @Kenneth Virgile 

The great thing with Atlassian cloud is that there there are Free tiers for Confluence, Jira, etc. that are free for up to 10 users. Sure, you don't get all the features but it will give you a pretty good idea of what works and what doesn't.

On top of what others suggest up to this point, I'd Jira for your processes and Confluence for keeping notes and writing specs.

Atlassian products are well integrated together (for example, you can edit a Confluence article directly from a Jira ticket's comment...).

Last but not least, you can mix and match licenses/seats. You can have individuals 1-10 on Jira, 5-15 on Confluence, 2-3 and 16-17 on Trello. You can a Free Confluence but Premium Jira.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events