Where is the button to add a Code Block Macro Language

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Code Block Macro

The article mentions Add a new language, but I do not see this button. See screenshot below. Is this normal?

image2015-11-20 10:51:34.png

3 answers

1 accepted

I don't think that is available for Cloud???

I'm not sure, but maybe it's something on security settings.

Does your account has confluence- or system-administrator permissions?

You can configure the Code Block macro to use a specific language and theme by default and also upload new lanuages. You need Confluence Administrator permissions to change the default theme and language and System Administrator permissions to upload new languages.

Regards

Steve

I thought that was the case but I looked and I'm part of every role/group in JIRA, including the one for Confluence. So I'm guessing it is not a security setting.

I'm having the same issue though I'm using a cloud instance.  Can someone from Atlassian confirm if adding custom languages for the code block macro is supported or not?  

Well I am on Server, not Cloud ...but I suppose it's the same on cloud.

Note the following option is available starting from Jira 7.5 on server , it should have been active on Cloud for quite some time now

There isn't a button to add/change to a specific language.  Just add a code macro in visual mode , then switch to text mode and you will see something like this :

{code:java}
// code placeholder
{code}

just replace the java keyword with the language of your choice , you can find the list here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-21067

Strange enough I cant find this list in the official JIRA documentation. Not linked in the release notes either : https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftware/jira-software-7-5-x-release-notes-934719297.html#JIRASoftware7.5.xreleasenotes-tweaksMoreimprovements

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

1,368 views 24 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you