Where does Confluence store its space views information ?

Srikanth Kola January 31, 2018

I am trying to determine inactive spaces in Confluence. I dont want to query by last modified date. Since users can still use/view a space even though they are not making any updates to content.

So I decided to write a query by last viewed date using below query.

SELECT S.SPACENAME, V.[SPACE_KEY], MAX(V.LAST_VIEW_DATE) as LastViewDate
FROM [AO_92296B_AORECENTLY_VIEWED] V, [SPACES] S
WHERE (V.[SPACE_KEY] = S.[SPACEKEY] AND S.[SPACETYPE] = 'global')
GROUP BY S.SPACENAME, V.[SPACE_KEY] ORDER BY LastViewDate ASC;

But I have a feeling that [AO_92296B_AORECENTLY_VIEWED] is not the right table, because when I go to SPACES table it shows 289 global spaces. However when I use above query to figure our last viewed date for those spaces I only get 232 results.

Any advise is greatly appreciated. 

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Srikanth Kola February 5, 2018

Select * from [Confluence].[dbo].[SPACES] where [SPACEKEY] not in (SELECT V.[SPACE_KEY] FROM [Confluence].[dbo].[AO_92296B_AORECENTLY_VIEWED] V, [Confluence].[dbo].[SPACES] S WHERE (V.[SPACE_KEY] = S.[SPACEKEY] AND S.[SPACETYPE] = 'global') GROUP BY V.[SPACE_KEY]) AND [SPACETYPE] = 'global' order by [LASTMODDATE] ASC

0 votes
Select * from [Confluence].[dbo].[SPACES] where [SPACEKEY] not in (SELECT V.[SPACE_KEY] FROM [Confluence].[dbo].[AO_92296B_AORECENTLY_VIEWED] V, [Confluence].[dbo].[SPACES] S WHERE (V.[SPACE_KEY] = S.[SPACEKEY] AND S.[SPACETYPE] = 'global') GROUP BY V.[SPACE_KEY]) AND [SPACETYPE] = 'global' order by [LASTMODDATE] ASC
0 votes
Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 31, 2018

I would just look at access logs, or consider using a third party app like https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.addonengine.analytics/server/overview if this is a frequent review you want to perform / you have other analytics needs.

I don't think we can buy a 3rd party plugin at this point of time.

And do you mean access logs on server ?

Also I am talking about all the spaces that exist, not just a particular one

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 31, 2018

Have you enabled the internal view tracking function (which is not recommended for medium to large Confluence systems)?

Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 31, 2018

Yes, I was talking about access logs on the server itself.
For context, what Nic is referencing is: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/viewing-site-statistics-123043962.html

I user below query to get the results, thanks for you assistance

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events