Where do I find my installation directory?

Michael Harris September 13, 2011

I'm looking to upgrade my 3.5.5 instance to the 4.0 beta.

However, but for the life I me I can neither remember where or find my confluence installation directory.

Is there somewhere in the Administration panel which will identify where this directory is, and if so where?

Alternatively, I'd searched the system to find possible directory paths, and here's the possible locations:

• /usr/local/confluence
  • /usr/local/confluence/confluence-3.5.5-std/confluence
  • /usr/local/confluence/confluence-3.5.5-std/confluence/WEB-INF/classes/com/atlassian/confluence
  • /usr/local/confluence/confluence-3.5.5-std/work/Standalone/localhost/confluence

Trying any of these paths in the 4.0 installer returns:

The directory you have selected is not a valid Confluence installation directory.

Running installer (atlassian-confluence-4.0-rc3-x64.bin) in /usr/local/confluence, logged in as root.

Anyone who can point me towards the right install dir for my existing instance, or inform me what idiotic mistake i've made, it would be greatly appreciated.

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
David Dube
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 14, 2011

Do you have access to the Confluence Admin section? If you do:

Under Administration -> System Information -> Confluence Information Table (1st Table) -> Confluence Home (The path displayed should point you in the right direction)

Michael Harris September 14, 2011

Which claims it is /var/lib/confluence, however the upgrader also refuses to recognise it as a valid install directory :(

Will have to look into if there's a bug with the installer.

4 votes
Craig Skipsey February 14, 2017

I found mine in /opt/atlassian/confluence 

This was on Ubuntu 14

2 votes
Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 8, 2012

There's a difference between the 'confluence home' and the 'confluence install' directories. The answer by Dave Dube is for the confluence home directory, which is why the installer is reporting an error.

You want to find the directory called *-std. In the above example, the confluence-install directory is /usr/local/confluence/confluence-3.5.5-std.

0 votes
Nicholas TenBrink December 4, 2012

I am having this exact same problem, i know the home directory but the installer for v4.x just states is not a valid Confluence Installation Directory.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events