Where did I see the page describing the Confluence product Roadmap?

Mark Symons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2015

A few months ago I distinctly recall reading a page published by Atlassian that sketched out what we would be seeing in future versions of Confluence.

The page did talk about Confluence v5.7, which is now with us, but I am pretty sure there was also mention of stuff planned for v5.8  (or maybe for v6...  I cannot recall). Specifically, the discussion focused on improvements to document management.

But where did I see the page?  I cannot find it anywhere.  I have looked on CAC, at blog postings, at all the newsletters from the last year.

1 answer

0 votes
Rafael Pereira March 26, 2015

Hi Mark,

Atlassian doesn't publish their roadmaps, as you can see at the Implementation of New Features Policy.

It is because: "these roadmaps are often pre-empted by changing customer demands"

At this answer you can see more details also about this: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/110373

Kind regards

Rafael Pereira

Mark Symons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 27, 2015

I used the word roadmap in a more general sense. I know that there was​ something that I read... no matter what it was called. The gist was that the "Files are first class citizens" that we have now seen rolled out in v5.7 is not the end of the work relating to files and their management. I recall a reference to planned functionality of being able to work with files that reside in the cloud. The reason why I want to find this page is that I am currently in a situation where Confluence has worked too well... and I am running out of diskspace. Because I am running on VMWare, it's going to be really expensive to add diskspace. Now, none of that would matter if, in future, files could be located elsewhere other that on Confluence itself.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events