Where Do I find Export Error Logs?

Emily Seage October 21, 2024

I'm trying to export a Space via the Space Export option in Confluence. Preferably, I'd like to export in PDF form. But, whenever I try exporting as a PDF, the process errors out and tells me to view the logs for more info. But, I can't figure out where those logs are. An online search mentioned it was in the Audit section but that doesn't seem to be the right place -- there's no entries there for any failed exports. 

I should note: Some sections of the Space will export to PDF and others will not. I can also export to HTML just fine (but not XML or PDF). So, I'm really just trying to figure out what the actual error is here so I can determine what's different between the sections that will export and the sections that won't. 

Thanks! 

1 answer

1 vote
Dante Anthony
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 21, 2024

Hello Emily,

We'd generally look for those types of events in the Confluence application logs. Using a standard support zip, the path to the logs within the zip is /application-logs/atlassian-confluence.log. Keep in mind, that this atlassian-confluence.log file contains the most recent logs. If the event has rolled over in the logs, it may be available in one of the numbered versions of this file (atlassian-confluence.log.1 for example). 

If Confluence continues to experience issues with the export and you're unable to identify any relevant details in the application logs, please open a support ticket with our team and we'll be happy to further assist with the analysis. 

Hope it helps! 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events