Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whenever I try to select some sentences, the 'comment' feature opens up everytime.

Mihir Nawathe May 16, 2022

I am trying to make nested bullet lists but Confluence does not allow me to press tab (which is what I need to press to make nested bullet lists) because the 'Comment' feature opens anytime I select multiple sentences or even one sentence like in the screenshot below. Any way for me to not get this everytime I select something?

confluence error.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
carlosughini
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2022

Hi Mihir,

Welcome to the community!

I'm afraid it is not possible to disable the 'Comment' feature. 

However, if you would like to add bullet lists and nest some of them, I would advise to instead of selecting all of them and pressing "Tab", have you tried adding * in the first of them and then going to the end of the line and pressing enter to create a bullet list below it?

After that, you can just go to the second bullet list and press tab, by doing this you will create a nested bullet option.

Basically, perform the steps below:

1. Add the text with a * at the beginning of it: "*sampletext"
  2. Put the point between the and sampletext and press space
  3. It will create a bullet option
  4. Move the pointer to the end of the line, just after the t
  5. Press enter again and you will create a bullet option in the next line
  6. Move the pointer to the next line and press tab, it will create a nested bullet option

Please give it a try and let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Carlos

Mihir Nawathe May 16, 2022

Hi,

This works but I'm in the middle of transferring massive amounts of data from an unformatted word file to Confluence and sadly, this step is far too complicated and time consuming. A day ago, I was able to select multiple sentences, press on the bullet list button, press tab, and these sentences would get nested. I cannot keep doing what you have mentioned for every single sentence. I would never finish this data transfer that way. Currently, I am able to nest multiple lines in some cases but not always. This is very infuriating. Is there any solution for this?

carlosughini
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2022

Hi Mihir,

Oh I get it.

I've performed one test here on my side, as I do not have Word, I used Google Docs for it, and added some random sentences like your example:

Screen Shot 2022-05-17 at 5.37.52 pm.png

I've copied all the sentences and pasted on Confluence. Then, I've tested in two forms:

• I selected them on Confluence and clicked in the bullet list icon - Worked!
  • I selected them on Confluence and used the shortcut command+shift+8 to apply the bullet list format - Worked!

Unfortunately, after adding the bullet points, you will need to select again the ones that you would like to nest and press tab again, it should work!

Could you please give it another try and let me know how it goes?

Regards,

Carlos

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events