When i create the page in one space it creates in another

Aleksandr February 25, 2019

Hi! I have a trouble with one user in my confluence team.

He has permission to watch in one space and edit only one page in this space (space_01), and has permissions to edit another one space (space_02).

When he try to create page in those one page in space_01, the page creates in space_02.

Permissions are assigned to groups.

Maybe someone know, how to solve this problem?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 25, 2019

That sounds correct to me.  You said he only has watch in space_01 (the "edit only one page" suggests you've added him to the restriction, but that's irrelevant as he has no create/edit in the space).  So when he creates a page, Confluence has to create it somewhere that he does have create access - space_02.

Aleksandr February 25, 2019

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- Yes, you are right, I assumed that way.

Is it possible, to give permissions to create/edit only in one parent page in the space?

Example "set page location":

Снимок.PNG

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 26, 2019

You need to grant the user the right to edit pages in the space first, then you would have to limit the pages you do not want them to edit by placing edit restrictions on them.

Like Zak Laughton likes this
Aleksandr February 26, 2019

That sound bad for me.

If i have 50 pages in the space and need to grand access to only one page, i must edit restrictions for other 49 pages?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events