What's the advantage of a dedicated space vs a child page?

Lars Böhnke June 6, 2017

Hi there! We are just setting up JIRA and Confluence and we have several topics for our product: engeneering (requirements etc.), documentation and user research.

I wonder whats better, creating a dedicated space for each topic or just use child pages. I am thinking about this for quite some time now and I am not really getting the advantages/disadvantages. Help is welcome!

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 6, 2017

Have a look at the configuration stuff for a space - those configurations apply across *all* the pages in a space, so they should determine whether you want to use a space or a child page.

If, for example, you want to have two different sets of users doing things, you will generally want separate spaces.  Or different templates.  Or different layouts.  Or Or Or.

It's hard to give this as "advantages", it's more about how it fits what you want to do!

1 vote
Steffi Frank June 6, 2017

in some spaces we set key users as admins for example

1 vote
Steffi Frank June 6, 2017

some of the macros work only on space level - so, depends on your requirements. even restrictions could get configured on that level...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events