What is the impact of connecting multiple Jira projects to one Confluence space?

Trevin Nimaladasa April 4, 2022

Hi there,

I am faced with a situation where we have multiple confluence spaces created for maintaining delivery related information and they are connected to the relevant Jira projects.

I am looking for a way to consolidate these two spaces into another overarching Confluence space that we have for the whole practice.

For example:

1. Software X - Overarching space to manage the entire product and practice, not connected to any Jira projects but has related information
  2. iOS version - separate Confluence space and Jira projects - was never connected but I linked them up
  3. Android version - separate Confluence space and Jira projects - yet to be connected

The consolidation will be to make Software X the only Confluence space so we can align Android and iOS spaces (and eventually get rid of them and only keep Software X), processes and ways of working together and streamline things like release notes, review templates etc. 

Are there any precautions I should take other than the obvious ones like making a copy of the pages and structure etc. before I head down this path? 

Also more importantly, what is the impact of connecting the two projects, to the one overarching Software X Confluence space? I haven't noticed anything drastic since connecting the 2nd space (iOS in this example). Will I be breaking anything by doing so?

Please advise.

Thank you

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events