What happened to Team Calendars for Server?

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 23, 2021

I am trying to perform an unusual upgrade, from Confluence 5.6.3 to 7.0.5

My only option to do this is via XML restore since I cannot go directly to 7.0.5 - even though the documentation says it's ok - because of new indexes in 5.10

I can't go to 5.10 because it supports a SQL Server that works with neither 5.6.3 nor 7.0.5

So I installed 7.0.5, restored from xml, and tried to reinstall the plugins, and team calendars for server no longer exists in the marketplace.

What can I do?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 24, 2021

The licence model changed on then 2nd of February.  Team Calendars became part of Data Center and Cloud Premium, and the app for it was deprecated from the marketplace.

You can still get it manually from https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/72307/team-calendars-for-confluence/version-history

I don't think you'll see any more versions for Server appear in there in the future, I suspect Confluence 7.11 is the last Server version to be supported

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2021

Thanks.  I get it but  server everything is done for new purchases, and I can still find every other plugin in the marketplace - and when I say that I mean within Manage Apps on Confluence. 

I did go looking for this page but when I got to the product page all I saw was Data Center, so my impression was Server links were removed. Since the page only showed data Center I idnt know to find server downloads in the version history.  Full disclosure -and apologies - this upgrade has me sleep deprived and grumpy.

Even if new licenses aren't being sold the products are supposed to have support until Feb 2024 so the page should sill show server, and users should still be able to search for it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events