What content is taken for the "popular" view on the dashboard?

Jan September 7, 2018

This question comes up often, and we did not find an answer yet. It would be great to be able to understand, how this view is generated. 

I understood that this must be a combination of number of likes, number of comments and some timing details. I am not sure though how this criteria is weighted and if there is more taken into account. 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Shawn C
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 18, 2018

Hi Jan, 

The Popular Pages are do take in account Comments and Likes but also the age of the page as well. 

This update from one of our Developers on a Bug goes over how the Popular Pages are displayed within Confluence: 

If 5 pages are created (and none of them receive any likes or comments), they will be displayed (latest first) on the popular tab (and a user won't have to switch to the "All Updates" tab to see a similar listing). Secondly, if your site is active in likes and comments, ...liked and commented pages will soon bubble up to the top.

The boosting effect of likes and comments on a page lessen over time and this is intended so that new content can surface. You can use the "More" button to see content that has been demoted off the first page (and would have most likely have been consumed by users by then).

I hope this helps.

-Shawn

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events