• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

VirturalBox Edited

I have permissions to Confluence on my regular Mac but when I click on the link in my email. When I open my virtualbox and use the browsers in it, I log into my email account, click on the invite and it goes to a Restricted message. What am I doing wrong or is there something I am missing? By the way, I am on the virtualbox now. 

TIA

Frankie

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
bitvoodoo nick Community Leader Sep 17, 2019

Hi there Frankie

Are you using Confluence Cloud? It shouldn‘t matter if you are accessing from a normal desktop or a VM as long it is a supported webbrowser (Edge, Firefox and Chrome for example) 

Can you tell us what link in email are you referring ing exactly to?

Regards
Nick

Hi Nick,

I am using Chrome and Confluence Cloud with my companies name after the https and I have also copied the link into a new tab instead and still gives me the restricted message but I can enter as many times as I want from my MAC. 

bitvoodoo nick Community Leader Sep 19, 2019

Can you show us the "Restricted message"? It's strange, I assume the VM is not in a different Network than it's host?

Can you access Cloud via the normal way opening it via {your chosen name}.atlassian.net.

Also try login in https://id.atlassian.com before trying to access your Confluence.

Cheers
Niklas

Niklas,

So I was able to get in by using our team id info. and basically it automatically validated the id while in that browser. 

Thanks!

bitvoodoo nick Community Leader Sep 20, 2019

Great, you are welcome!

Could it be the link has already been used? Have you attempted to enter the confluence URL directly into the browser instead of using a link?

Raynard,

I have tried copied the link into the browser and the link works every time on my MAC, just don't seem to work in the virtualbox.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

What do you think is the most *delightful* Confluence feature? Comment for a prize!

- Create your own custom emoji 🔥 - "Shake for Feedback" on mobile 📱 - An endless supply of GIFs via GIPHY 🤩 Is there anything quite as nice as a pleasant surprise? Comment below with what...

494 views 24 9
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you