Viewing External PDFs

Joel D Freeman August 12, 2014

Is it possible to link to and view in Confluence a PDF residing on another domain? We have to maintain strict version control and doc compliance, so attaching PDFs is not an option.

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Joel D Freeman August 28, 2014

Sorry for the delay, but thanks for the possible workaround. We decided to go with an add-on that allows this.

1 vote
Deividi Luvison
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 13, 2014

Hey Joel,

I sped some time trying to make a reference to a external file, from my reasearch there is one thing you can try:

1. Go to Confluence Admin > Manage Add ons
  2. Enable all the plugin moduls from HTML macro.
  3. Edit a confluence Page.
  4. Add the HTML Macro.
  5. Inside the HTML Macro block put the following:

<iframe src="http://eurecaproject.eu/files/5013/9885/7113/example4.pdf" 
style="width:600px; height:500px;" frameborder="0"></iframe>

I know It's not the file itself but if your Company does not want to atatch the file in Confluence you could setup a IIS/Apache Tomcat on a different server with some special policies to make reference to those files.

I tried to add the file directly but unfortunatedly it failed :(.

Hope it helps.

Thanks and Regards,

David|Confluence Support Engineer

1 vote
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 12, 2014

Hi Joel,

As far as I know, embed PDF from other sources is not possible. I just know about the pdf viewer which requires the pdf to be attached to confluence page as we can see here.

I'll leave this question open as other people might know a way to achieve this.

Cheers,

Rodrigo

Joel D Freeman August 13, 2014

Hi Rodrigo - Your reply confirms my own experience so far. I'm hoping somebody might know an HTML work-around/through... or something like one.

Best,

/jdf

0 votes
Joel D Freeman August 13, 2014

Hi Rodrigo - Your reply confirms my own experience so far. I'm hoping somebody might know an HTML work-around/through... or something like one.

Best,

/jdf

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events