Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using a mailto link can I construct the recipient list from the contents of a confluence page

Marcus O'Brien May 20, 2021

I am using Confluence on the Cloud.

I have lots of static pages, and sometime I would like to add an email link, with clicking on that email link constructing an email on the client and looking up the recipient list, the people it should email. 

I also have a single central static Confluence page with a table on it that lists our "Points of contact" for various company roles, eg.

Role                                    Email address

----------------------------------------------------------------

DevOps Contact                Employee1@companyemaill.com

Product X Contact             Employee1@companyemaill.com

I want to be able to use these contacts on the email link.

I thought I could somehow use URLs with a mailto: on them, that when clicked looks up the roles.

What I need is a static list of contacts that can be looked up, as the contact for that role is likely to change, and I dont want to have to edit all the URLs on all pages everytime the role contact changes.

Example Page

Insert a URL :

mailto:<"DevOps Contact", "Product X Contact" - LOOKUP THE EMAIL ADDRESS FROM A CENTRAL SOURCE>?subject=Hello%20From%20Marcus%20subject&body=This%20is%20the%message

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 31, 2022

@Marcus O'Brien Unfortunately this feature is not available in Confluence and I do not know of an app that will dynamically create an email link.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events