User missing from some Qucik Search feature in Confluence

Randall Fisher
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 1, 2014

I have a recently added user. There are some feautures in Confluence where this user is searchable and some where this user is not.

Here are two examples of the problem:

Edit a page -> Insert Profile Picture Macro -> Enter user ID. Quick search drop down reports user not found. Hit enter and the user is found and the picture is pulled.

Space Tools -> Permissions -> Enter User ID in 'Add' area. Quick search drop down reports user not found. Hit enter and the user gets added.

(I'm refering to it ask Quick Search as I'm not sure what the official Atlassain term is.)

How do we rectify this?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bruna Griebeler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 1, 2014

Hi Randall,

If the user was just created, is very likely you'll have to rebuild the indexes in your Confluence.

If it does not help, try rebuilding the indexes from scratch.

Cheers!

Randall Fisher
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 8, 2014

The user had been created almost 2 weeks ealier and we had re-indexed since then. I did do another re-index and that seemed to clear up some of the issues, but I am told there are still some areas where the user is not poping up. As usual, users are unable to give me specifics of where in the application this is occuring (or not occuring).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events