Upgrading to Confluence 4.2 fails with no exception

Louie Penaflor May 29, 2012

Hi, I get the following message when upgrading confluence 4.1.3 to confluence 4.2.4:

You cannot access Confluence at present. Look at the table below to identify the reasons.

type: upgrade

description:Upgrade failed. Please consult the system logs for details. You will need to fix these problems, restore your database and confluence home directory to the pre upgrade state. Then retry the upgrade.

exception:empty

The exception is empty and I tail out the catalina.out file when running it to see the problems and I get this:

2012-05-30 18:03:22,552 INFO [main] [com.atlassian.confluence.lifecycle] contextInitialized Starting Confluence 4.2.4 (build #3281)

May 30, 2012 6:04:08 PM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol start

INFO: Starting Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8090

May 30, 2012 6:04:08 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start

INFO: Server startup in 48089 ms

Thanks in advance!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Louie Penaflor May 30, 2012

Thanks! It looks like it needs me to enter a new license key.

Error message below: Cannot proceed with upgrade. Your current license does not entitle you to upgrade to this version of Confluence because it is now outside of its support period. If you wish to renew it, please contact <a href="mailto:sales@atlassian.com">sales@atlassian.com</a>. If you have a new license, please enter it on this <a href="$CONTEXT/fixonly/fixlicense.action">page</a> and <b>restart</b>

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 29, 2012

You need to read the application log, as well as the catalina.out.

Louie Penaflor May 29, 2012

Thanks for the reply. I got this: Cannot proceed with upgrade. Your current license does not entitle you to upgrade to this version of Confluenc

e because it is now outside of its support period. If you wish to renew it, please contact <a href="mailto:sales@atlassian.com">sales@atlassian.com</a>. If you have a new license, please enter it on this <a href="$CONTEXT/fixonly/fixlicen

se.action">page</a> and <b>restart</b>

I renewed but do you know where I can put the new license key? confluence.cfg.xml has both confluence.licence.hash and confluence.license.message

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events