Upgrading to Confluence 4.2 fails with no exception

Hi, I get the following message when upgrading confluence 4.1.3 to confluence 4.2.4:

You cannot access Confluence at present. Look at the table below to identify the reasons.

type: upgrade

description:Upgrade failed. Please consult the system logs for details. You will need to fix these problems, restore your database and confluence home directory to the pre upgrade state. Then retry the upgrade.

exception:empty

The exception is empty and I tail out the catalina.out file when running it to see the problems and I get this:

2012-05-30 18:03:22,552 INFO [main] [com.atlassian.confluence.lifecycle] contextInitialized Starting Confluence 4.2.4 (build #3281)

May 30, 2012 6:04:08 PM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol start

INFO: Starting Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8090

May 30, 2012 6:04:08 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start

INFO: Server startup in 48089 ms

Thanks in advance!

2 answers

1 accepted

Thanks! It looks like it needs me to enter a new license key.

Error message below: Cannot proceed with upgrade. Your current license does not entitle you to upgrade to this version of Confluence because it is now outside of its support period. If you wish to renew it, please contact <a href="mailto:sales@atlassian.com">sales@atlassian.com</a>. If you have a new license, please enter it on this <a href="$CONTEXT/fixonly/fixlicense.action">page</a> and <b>restart</b>

1 vote

You need to read the application log, as well as the catalina.out.

Thanks for the reply. I got this: Cannot proceed with upgrade. Your current license does not entitle you to upgrade to this version of Confluenc

e because it is now outside of its support period. If you wish to renew it, please contact <a href="mailto:sales@atlassian.com">sales@atlassian.com</a>. If you have a new license, please enter it on this <a href="$CONTEXT/fixonly/fixlicen

se.action">page</a> and <b>restart</b>

I renewed but do you know where I can put the new license key? confluence.cfg.xml has both confluence.licence.hash and confluence.license.message

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

372 views 20 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you