Degraded performance Customers may experience intermittent errors using Community search. Our platform vendor is investigating.
We need to make an upgrade of our Confluence System from 3.2.1_01 version in Oracle 10g to another server, Confluence 4.3.1 and Oracle 11g.
What is the best way of doing this?
Recently we've made a similar scenario with JIRA. Then we did this:
1. Install the latest version of JIRA in a new machine with a new Database in Oracle 11g
2. Make an export of old instance
3. make an import in the new one (and Oracle 11g
4. Copy attachments for the old to the new one.
Everything went fine.
Is it possible to make the same approach for migrating Confluence?
Since your Confluence is an old version, there's important to perform some intermediate upgrades:
1) First upgrade your 3.2.1_01 to a 3.5.x version.
2) Then upgrade your 3.5 version to 4.3.1.
3) Now you can install a new Confluence 4.3.1 with Oracle 11g in a new machine.
4) Export the data from your Old Confluence with Oracle 10g;
5) Import the data to your new Confluence with Oracle 11g;
Hope it helps! :)
I suggest to first migrate your instance, according to this following documentation:
After that start the upgrade as expalined in this article:
Just keep in mind that is necessary first to upgrade to 3.5.17 where most bugs are fixed and to avoid other issues, and then upgrade to 4.3.1
This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.Read more
Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs